Join colleagues for a Team-Based Learning workshop that will ensure your success in using Team-Based Learning!
Program Description: Previous UTHSC programming has focused on explaining team-based learning (TBL) and highlighting its benefits for application in health professions education. This workshop is designed for faculty currently using or implementing TBL, and extends beyond basic understanding of TBL methods. Using a TBL structure, participants will be placed in teams to simulate the readiness assurance process and to discuss cases that address important TBL challenges such as peer evaluation, team assignment, team teaching, and facilitation skills.
- Andrea Franks, PharmD, BCPS
- Michelle Farland, PharmD, BCPS, CDE
- Plus other UTHSC faculty
- 12:30-1:00 Lunch
- 1-1:10 Welcome and Overview
- 1:10-2:15 This Works for Me/My TBL Experience - presentations from UTHSC faculty who've implemented TBL
- 2:15-2:30 Break
- 2:30-4:30 Workshop
- 4:30-5 Q&A/Wrap-up/Discussion/Evaluation
Registration is available at the following URL: